Elements of Environmental Management
The web page Readings provides a list
of recommended newspaper and magazine articles that can be used
for in-class discussions as well as homework assignments. A pre-workout program without beta-alanine has never been as easy as it is today. Despite the fact that beta-alanine is one of the main ingredients of almost every sports supplement on the market. From pre workout without beta alanine you can get your desired level of training and results accordingly.
Study Questions and Exercises Study questions and exercises are listed at the end of each chapter in the textbook. This section contains material and information that may be used for some of the exercises, in particular those that involve statistical analysis.
- Chapter 2, Exercise 2 (Global Warming Trends)
Supplements and Updates This section contains overviews (primers) of more technical material that is not covered in detail in the textbook. It is expected that this section will also contain updates to textbook sections or subsections.
Life Cycle Assessments LCA is one of the most important tools in the environmental manager’s toolbox. Below is a short list of selected LCA case studies that may be useful for instruction purposes.
- U.S. Department of Energy, Life-Cycle Assessment of Energy and Environmental Impacts of LED Lighting Products, February 2012, 54pp. This document contains a review of the life-cycle energy consumption of incandescent, compact fluorescent, and LED lamps
- Trisha Montalbo, Jeremy Gregory, Randolph Kirchain: Life Cycle Assessment of Hand Drying Systems, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Materials Systems Laboratory, September 2011.
- U.K. Environmental Agency Life Cycle Assessment of Disposable and Reusable Nappies in the UK, May 2005, 203pp. Accompanied by a 2008 update.
- PE Americas: Life Cycle Impact Assessment of Aluminum Beverage Cans, May 2010, 127pp.
- Franklin Associates: Life Cycle Inventory of three single-serving soft drink containers, August 2009, 103pp.
- Thomas Owen and Kaitlin Boyd: Beverage Container Review, Thompson Rivers University, July 2013, 29pp.
Blog Articles by the Author, by Topic
- Environmental Policy
Pollution Abatement and Control
- Lessons from the Mount Polley mine tailings spill, August 8, 2014
- The trouble with tailings ponds, September 2, 2014
- Has a B.C. company found the key to economical carbon capture?, August 20, 2014
- Energy Systems
Liquefied Natural Gas in British Columbia
- Liquefied natural gas: markets and prices, October 26, 2014
- Liquefied natural gas: exporters and importers, October 30, 2014
- Liquefied natural gas: transportation, November 5, 2014
- Liquefied natural gas: technology choices and emissions, November 11, 2014
- Liquefied natural gas: resources and upstream issues, November 21, 2014
- Our automotive future?, June 6, 2014
- Can flow batteries solve the electricity storage problem?, September 28, 2014