Elements of Environmental Management
There exists a wealth of useful newspaper and magazine articles
that can be used as teaching materials in the best casino sites. The articles listed
below can be accessed online, and most of them are available for free
within certain limitations. Instructors may find it useful to assemble
reading packages based on these stories. They can be assigned as
homework or for in-class discussions. Suggestions for expanding the
list below are very welcome. The articles below are grouped into
themes that correspond to the chapters of the textbook. At the bottom
of the page is a further list with textbook recommendations that
provide in-depth coverage of particular topics discussed in
Elements of Environmental Management. A pre-workout program without beta-alanine has never been as easy as it is today. Despite the fact that beta-alanine is one of the main ingredients of almost every sports supplement on the market. From pre workout without beta alanine you can get your desired level of training and results accordingly.
Recommended Newspaper and Magazine Articles Sustainability
- A new green wave: a few pioneering businesses are developing `sustainability policies’ worthy of the name, The Economist, August 30, 2014.
- Big foot: The ecological footprint of nations, The Economist, May 16, 2012.
- Andrew C. Revkin: Carbon-Neutral Is Hip, but Is It Green?, The New York Times, April 29, 2007.
- Following the footprints, The Economist, June 2, 2011.
- James Kanter: Don’t Think That Cap-and-Trade Is Over, The New York Times, April 11, 2010.
- Felicity Barringer: California Law Tests Response of Companies to Carbon Costs, The New York Times, December 25, 2012.
- Keith Bradsher: Government Aid Puts China Ahead in Clean Energy, The New York Times, September 8, 2010.
- Keith Bradsher: Union Accuses China of Illegal Clean Energy Subsidies, The New York Times, September 9, 2010.
- Karen Howlett, Bertrand Marotte and Richard Blackwell: WTO rules against Ontario in green energy dispute, The Globe and Mail, November 20, 2012.
- Martin Mittelstaedt: Will Dow challenge Quebec pesticide law?, The Globe and Mail, April 3, 2009.
- Elisabeth Rosenthal: Your Biggest Carbon Sin May Be Air Travel, The New York Times, January 26, 2013.
- Justin Gillis: The Montreal Protocol, a Little Treaty That Could, The New York Times, December 9, 2013.
- Atmospheric pressure: Why some environmental agreements work and others don’t, The Economist, April 17, 2003.
- Doing Good: Business and the sustainability challenge, The Economist, February 2008.
- Jo Confino: The seven steps to corporate sustainability transformation, The Guardian, September 20, 2013.
- Erin Millar: How not to get greenwashed: cutting through the bafflegab, The Globe and Mail, April 22, 2010.
- Mark Hume: Sustainable sockeye `eco-fraud’, The Globe and Mail, January 20, 2010.
- Not on the label: why adding “carbon footprint” labels to foods and other products is tricky, The Economist, May 17, 2007.
- Clifford Krauss: Shell to Test Capturing of Carbon in Canada, The New York Times, September 5, 2012.
- Anne Eisenberg: Pulling Carbon Dioxide Out of Thin Air, The New York Times, January 5, 2013.
- Henry Fountain: Corralling Carbon Before It Belches From Stack, The New York Times, July 21, 2014.
- Can ‘Green Cement’ Make Carbon Capture and Storage Obsolete?, The New York Times, August 13, 2010.
- Mark Landler: Germany Debates Subsidies for Solar Industry, The New York Times, May 16, 2008.
- Elisabeth Rosenthal: Europe Finds Clean Energy in Trash, but U.S. Lags Behind, New York Times, April 13, 2010.
- Hot rocks and high hopes, The Economist, September 2, 2010.
- Nuclear’s next generation, The Economist, December 10, 2009.
- Building the smart grid, The Economist, June 4, 2009.
- Canada’s Tar Sands—Muck and brass, The Economist, January 20, 2011.
- Geothermal Industry Grows, With Help From Oil and Gas Drilling, The New York Times, July 23, 2014.
Recommended Reference Books
- Jamie Benidickson. Environmental Law. Irwin Law, 3rd edition, 2008.
- Paul L. Bishop. Pollution Prevention: Fundamentals and Practice. Waveland Press, 2004.
- Godfrey Boyle, Bob Everett, and Janet Ramage. Energy Systems and Sustainability: Power for a Sustainable Future. Oxford University Press, 2003.
- Gwendolyn Burke, Ben R. Singh, and Louis Theodore. Handbook of Environmental Management and Technology. Wiley-Interscience, New York, 2nd edition, 2004.
- Mackenzie L. Davis and David A. Cornwell. Introduction to Environmental Engineering, McGraw-Hill, Boston, 4th edition, 2008.
- Barry Field and Nancy Olewiler. Environmental Economics. McGraw-Hill, 2nd canadian edition, 2005.
- Daniel E. Etsy. Green to Gold: How Smart Companies Use Environmental Strategy to Innovate, Create Value, and Build Competitive Advantage. Yale University Press, 2006.
- Chris T. Hendrickson, Lester B. Lave, and H. Scott Matthews. Environmental Life Cycle Assessment of Goods and Services: An Input-Output Approach, Resources for the Future Press, Washington DC, 2006.
- Joel Makower. Strategies for the Green Economy: Opportunities and Challenges in the New World of Business. McGraw-Hill, 2008.
- Bram F. Noble: Introduction to Environmental Impact Assessment: A Guide to Principles and Practice. Oxford University Press, 2006.
- Dixon Thompson (editor). Tools for Environmental Management: A Practical Introduction and Guide. University of Calgary Press, 2006.
- T. H. Tietenberg. Emissions Trading: Principles and Practice, Resources for the Future Press, second edition, 2006.